LanSchool Refresh 22.214.171.124 Available Now
20th Mar 2019
ITS are happy to announce that LanSchool 126.96.36.199 is now available to download.
This refresh introduces the following fixes for Windows, Mac and ChromeBooks:
- Issue fixed in which the blank screen section in student properties would not enable when a teacher blanked a student’s screen.
- Issue with the Refresh button fixed in which a teacher who was using the Lite version of LanSchool changed to another channel and loaded a class list file. The Refresh button is now disabled in the toolbar list.
- Issue fixed in which the time reported at the end of a video was incorrect. The time shown for a video when it finishes is now correct.
- Issue fixed in which the total “Vote” percentage when selecting an odd number of students did not total 100%. The percentage now reads 100%, no matter how many students are selected.
- Updated the copyright date.
- When performing a “Show Teacher” and “Draw on Screen,” the checkbox is now selected to indicate that “Drawn on Screen” is enabled.
- Issue fixed in which Alt+N and Alt+P moved two steps instead of one.
- Added support for MacOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Added a wizard to guide trial or non-MDM users through the new MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) security approvals.
- Added support for web limiting and web history in Firefox. Fix verified with Firefox versions 60.0.2/63.0.3 and 64.0.2
- Issue with manually validating a license on the Mac teacher fixed.
- Updated the method used to display the web limiting blocked page.
- Issue fixed in which "Disabled keyboard and mouse" was not working correctly when the Tech Console performed remote control on a teacher console.
- Issue fixed in which students could begin taking a test without first entering their name.
- Issue fixed in which, after enabling 'Auto-minimize this windows' in show teacher, the remote control panel did not display again.
- Issue fixed in which, when showing the student screen to other students, there was no mouse cursor present.
- Issue fixed in which, if a student hit Ctrl+W while the teacher used the show teacher function, the client shut down for several seconds. It was taking 10-15 seconds to reconnect. While this happened, LanSchool was unable to monitor/moderate the student machines.
- Chromebook student now only obtains the full name from the domain. Due to changes made by Google to their account page, we are no longer able to pull the students' full names from their account pages. This means that the Chromebook no longer requests the full name from the extension. Going forward, we now only obtain the full name from the domain using permissions that the administrator grants. If those permissions are not present, the user's login name is used. When the Chromebook student obtains the full name of the student from the domain, it should no longer request the full name unless the refresh_student_name field is set in the admin settings. (For further information, refer to the KB article How to obtain student name from Google.)
- Issue fixed in which the LCS Service crashed when using scheduled restart.