Technical Support Engineer (2nd Line)
- Supporting software and hardware to a large international customer base.
- Working on the helpdesk providing technical support by telephone, email, remote assistance and onsite visits where required.
- Being technical escalation point for first line support team.
- Liaising with supplier support teams.
- Occasionally travelling to customer sites in UK.
- Troubleshooting and replicating customer issues in-house in virtual test environment.
- Supporting the ITS company network and assisting internal users with IT issues.
Job Requirements / Key Skills:
- Good communicator with excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Customer/end-user care experience is essential.
- Experience of Microsoft Windows Server and Client platforms, Active Directory, IIS and Microsoft SQL Server is required. Virtual server platform experience is also a bonus.
- Exposure to Apple MAC and Novell would be a bonus.
- Experience of print and copy management software is desirable.
- Good technical experience and skills in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Ability to self-learn and resolve complex issues.
- Good organisational ability, good memory and an eye for detail.
- Ability to cope well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and also part of the team.
- Excellent timekeeping.
Our company culture is to be open and friendly and there is a big element of teamwork. We are looking for a hands-on experienced engineer who has a 'can-do' attitude and wants to grow within the company and take on more responsibility. This person needs to be able to show initiative, they must be willing to take on any challenge and work hard to replicate and resolve customer issues.
We are an independently run company established in 1988 (over 29 years) and headquartered in Harrow, Middlesex in the United Kingdom. We have operations throughout Europe and North America and a global presence with customers across five continents. All ITS software solutions are developed in-house; we do not outsource development or use contractors. We employ a large team of experienced developers and QA personnel and offer access to a dedicated technical support team to ensure all our customers get the best service and response rates to any issues raised.
We are ISO 9001:2015 and Investor in People accredited in recognition of our high level of customer service.